Consultation Skills for Non-Medical Prescribers
Non-medical Prescribing Update Training
Up to 35 delegates
The Course Aim
The aim of the course is to understand and develop an increased competency in communication and consultation skills that will enhance diagnostic reasoning and more appropriate prescribing.
By the end of the session participants will have:
• Developed increased competency in communication and consultation skills linked to prescribing.
• Increased understanding of the processes of diagnostic reasoning and formulation of differential diagnoses.
• Greater confidence to undertake autonomous holistic consultations in order to make more appropriate management decisions.
• Communication skills discussion.
• Consultation models overview.
• Diagnostic decision making.
• Consultation case study scenarios.
Please bring your BNF with you.
Liz Williams: RN, PGCert.HE and HEA Fellow, MSc Advanced Practice, Non-medical prescriber.
Liz qualified as a traditional registered general nurse in 1992 and has worked for many years in the cardiac field in both primary and secondary care. She worked as a cardiac specialist nurse working with patients and their conditions ranging from Acute Coronary Syndromes, heart failure and arrhythmias. During her cardiac career she was privileged to work on implementing the NSF for coronary heart disease working as a project manager for the south east collaborative working on the angina and myocardial infarction pathways.
Her most recent position is as a Senior Lecturer at Canterbury Christchurch University where she is the Programme Director for the Non-medical prescribing programme. She gained her MSc and PGCert HE in 2014 and 2015 which was a busy couple of years as she also got married then as well. She also leads on the heart failure and cardiac arrhythmias post graduate modules at level 6 and 7.
Liz has been a BANCC member (British Association for Nursing in Cardiovascular Care) and part of the BANCC Council for the last two years. This year she was elected to President Elect. BANCC is an affiliate group of the British Cardiovascular Society, aimed at supporting and representing nurses at a local, national and international level.