Keep Calm and Carry on Prescribing
Non-Medical Prescribing Update for Nurse/Pharmacist/AHP Independent & Supplementary Prescribers (V300/200)
Up to 35 delegates
This is currently online training using MS Teams. All participants will receive training materials and certificates of attendance, sent by email.
The Course Aim
Assist participants to ensure they are up to date with the latest developments in NMP, thus enabling them to use their prescribing skills to
By the end of the
- Legislation of Non-Medical Prescribing
- The NMC / GPhC / HCPC Standards for nurse, pharmacist & AHP prescribers
- Prescribing unlicensed & off-label medicines
- Mixing medicines
- Controlled drug prescribing
- Using the 2016 RPS Competency Framework for all Prescribers
• Update and latest developments in NMP
• Review of recent NMC fitness to practice hearings involving NMPs.
• Tools to help you prescribe safely.
• Useful tips on using the BNF
• Update on legislation including prescribing controlled drugs
• Prescribing for children & pregnant women
• Discussion on competency, with practical opportunity to use the new RPS Competency Framework
• Repeat prescribing & keeping up to date.
• Scenario’s for group work discussion.
Our trainer Fiona Peniston-Bird BSc (Hons) RHV RGN NIP PGCHE FHEA, has been involved in Non-Medical Prescribing since 1999 when she became a Community Practitioner Formulary Nurse Prescriber whilst working as a Health Visitor. She trained as a Nurse Independent Prescriber in 2002 and subsequently took a post as Non-Medical Prescribing Facilitator within South East Coast Strategic Health Authority in 2003. Fiona founded