Therapeutic Decision Making and Safe Prescribing
Up to 35 delegates
The Course Aim
The aim of the course is to increase understanding of the principles of good prescribing and therapeutic decision making in relation to the revised RPS Competency Framework for all Prescribers
By the end of the session participants will have:
- Developed an increased understanding
inthe processes involved in therapeutic decision making and factors affecting it.
- Increased understanding of their own prescribing practice.
- Greater understanding of how and where drug errors take place and strategies to reduce error.
- “Keeping tabs” on the influences on you as a prescriber – therapeutic decision making and factors affecting it.
- “Keeping tabs” on your own prescribing – prescribing safely and
- “Keeping tabs” – an exploration of the common pitfalls in prescribing and medicines administration and analysis of drug error case studies.
- “Keeping tabs” on your professional development as a prescriber – issues, opportunities
Please ensure that you bring your BNF with you.
Our trainer Colin Waldock MA BSc PhIP,